Need help deciding what to do in the Munising area? We’ve made it easy for you! Just select a season and read a 3-day agenda filled with information to the best spots in the area. At the very bottom of the page you can print off the information and find links to shorter trip agendas.
These agendas are just a small sample of things to do in the Munising area.
Day 1 – One with Nature
- Visit the Welcome Center to find out “What’s new” Pick up your passport for fun and coupons in Alger County. Get ready for a great day!
- Experience Munising Falls and Wagner Falls at their fullest.
- Take a bite out of history with a Muldoon’s pastie. These hearty meat pies are a mainstay of U.P. miner’s lunches. 1246 W. M-28, 906-387-5880
- Hike through the Hiawatha National Forest and witness a fawn’s first steps.
- Experience a million dollar sunset over Munising Bay from the Navigator Restaurant. 101 E. Munising Avenue, 906-387-1555
- It’s time to check into your hotel of choice. Drop off your bags and immediately head for the hot tub. Your legs and feet will thank you.
Day 2 – The Lakeshore
- Start your day with a great cup of coffee from the Falling Rock Bookstore and Café. They have delicious pastry treats. 104 E. Munising Ave., 906-387-3008
- Cross the street and take an incredible journey on The Pictured Rocks Boat Tours. Make sure to stop into the gift shop. City Docks, 906-387-2155
- Time for lunch! Nothing can beat a VanLandschoot whitefish sandwich from Sydney’s. M-28 East, 906-387-4067
- Take a drive through the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore. Stop at Miners Castle for great photo opportunities.
- Head to the heart of downtown Munising and visit locally owned Putvin’s Drug Store. They have all of your camera needs. 119 Elm St., 906-387-2248
- For a unique dining experience, head to the Dog Patch. Li’l Abner and all of his friends will be there to greet you. 325 E. Superior St., 906-387-4136
- Walk a block down to the Log Jam and have a glass of whatever makes you happy. 127 E. Superior St., 906-387-3737
Day 3 – Grand Island
- Head to the Munising Bakery for a stiff cup of coffee and a delicious homemade breakfast or doughnut. 115 W. Superior Street, 906-387-2148
- Then it’s off to Grand Island via the Grand Island Ferry service. Grand Island is rich in history and home of two unique Lighthouses. Grand Island Landing, 906-387-3503
- Any one for SCUBA? Dive down to the see the shipwrecks in the Alger Preserve. Get close to any of the three ships whose journeys were cut short by the mighty Lake Superior.
- At the Coffee Cantata you can warm up with a cup of Friendship Coffee or a bowl of homemade soup. 118 E. Superior St., 906-387-3635
- Spend the afternoon visiting all of Munising’s lovely Antique, Craft or Gift Shops.
- One last dinner unless you change your mind and want to stay, because there is still more to do around Munising Bay.